Sei TPS Numbers

Hey, I recently saw the official blog reference this: Speed Analysis! | Sei Ambassadors | Flipside

However, when looking deeper it seems the numbers don’t match what I am getting via flipside here:

Would love to compare methodologies - it’s possible I missed something?

2 Likes

Hi Jommi - welcome to the Sei Developer Forum and congratulations on making your first post.

I took a look at your dashboard and it appears that the charts for Total TX per Chain (Daily)
and Average TX Cost per Chain (Daily) take a time range of November 22 - January 2023. The Sei mainnet only launched in H2 2023.

I am not a skilled user of Flipside (SQL?) so I cannot help debug but it looks like a problem with the time range.

2 Likes

here is what I am seeing btw - maybe there is a problem on the Flipside side because the code looked like it was supposed to display the data from the past 60 days :thinking:

2 Likes

The top numbers are still from that time, but the bottom number are past 90, and 365d respectively.

1 Like

aha i see what you mean now - the blue chart which is “TPS” per chain?
from what i can see, they are working out the TPS per day similar to the way you did. What I am guessing has happened here is that they have summed all the daily TPS figures but not divided to get the average.

For Sei then, 2490 total TPS / 52 = 47.88 avg TPS which looks reasonable.

2 Likes

Oh yikes, thats very different than what they say in their dashboard - glad we looked into it!

2 Likes

I am glad too - I messaged the creator of that dashboard to inform them.

2 Likes

Oh right !!!
Let’s gooo

2 Likes